Rigging (Basic) Online Course
Learn basic responsibilities, practices, and techniques needed to safely sling and rig loads.
Are you in the rigging industry and work will all types of hoisting equipment? Then this is the course for you.
The online Basic Rigging course consists of three modules, which cover the practices and techniques for safe slinging and rigging of loads.
This course was created to satisfy requirements of the following standards: CSA Z150-98. It also adheres to ANSI (American National Standards Institute) and ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) standards.
The following topics will be covered:
- Pre-lift hazard assessments
- Owner, operator, and supervisor responsibilities
- Safety factors and safe working load limits
- Rope and sling inspections
- Types of rigging hitches
- Determining sling types, sizes, and configurations using sling capacity charts
- D/d ratios
- Sling center of gravity
- Crane and hoist signals